Question 7: Write the solution steps of a numerical problem of the equilibrium.
The following procedural steps may be taken while solving a numerical problem of equilibrium.
- Study the problem very carefully and identify all the forces acting on the body.
- Draw a clear diagram and show all forces acting on the body.
- Mark all the forces as,, ….. etc.
- Find all angles θ1, θ2, θ3 … etc.
- Resolve all forces into their respective x- and y-components.
- Add all x- and y-components of the identified forces, ∑Fx and ∑Fy .
- Apply the conditions for equilibrium,
- ∑Fx = 0
- ∑Fy= 0
- ∑τ = 0
- Solve the above equations for the required unknown quantities.